There is nothing like a good attention grabbing post title and this post on the Social Media Today site certainly does that. The basic premise is that in order to understand Social Media you have to use it, some of the key points are:
- Set up profiles on the social sites - FaceBook, Myspace, Flickr, LInkedIn etc.
- Use these profiles to build up an embracive picture of who you are.
- Listen to the conversations.
- Create content - video is vital.
- Share the content - post on social sites and link to other resources.
- Share your interests and activities with others.
- Engage and facilitate the conversations.