10 things Sharepoint can do you for your Firm is the title of a great little article on the Law.com website. The article, which is written by Mark Gerow looks at some of the ways Sharepoint could be used within a law firm to "improve...effectiveness, deliver better client service and reduce costs" So what are the suggestions, well they are in no particular order:
- Replacing your document management system
- Automating new business intake
- Searching across ALL systems
- Encouraging "communities of interest" using "my sites"
- Creating a Firmwide Calendar
- Creating Practice Group Wikis
- Collaborating with clients using Extranets
- Managing projects
- Displaying "Key Performance Indicators"
- Creating "Mashups"
There are some very good suggestions here for how Sharepoint could be used beyond Blogs and Wikis.